Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Offshore
This advanced Yachtmaster theory course is the same for Yachtmaster Coastal or Yachtmaster Offshore. Your navigational skills need to be to Day Skipper Shorebased standard, but provision is made for some revision.
All topics are now covered in greater depth with more emphasis placed on Collision Regulations (IRPCS), meteorology, electronic navigational aids, passage planning and making.
The Yachtmaster theory is offered as either an intensive 5 day course or 3 sessions of 2 days.
What will you learn on the course?
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
What is the cost?
£450 per person and the course is run over 40 hours including 3 exams. It can be covered as a series of short sessions, as an intensive week-long course, or by distance learning. Please contact us for more details.