The aim of the 1 day Radar Certificate course is to give an understanding of the use of radar in pleasure boats as an aid to navigation and collision avoidance. The RYA Radar Certificate is issued on a continual assessment basis.
Radar has a number of uses including navigation and collision avoidance. If your veseel is equipped with a Radar solution you must use it and know how to use it to its full potential. This course covers understanding its use and being able to set it up and modify the settings for the conditions you are experiencing.
Why should you take the Radar Certificate Course?
- Developing an understanding of how Radar works
- Set up procedure, the various functions and the correct use of controls
- Interpreting what you see on the screen
- Target definition & discrimination
- Radar reflectors – active & passive
- Use of radar for navigation & collision avoidance
- Use and limitations of Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA)
- Advantages & disadvantages of Radar
What is the cost?
£120 per person and the course takes 1 day. Please contact us for more details.