VHF Marine Radio (SRC) Course
This is a legal requirement for VHF/DSC users, covering voice and digital radio procedures, and GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System). It includes a short test and continual assessment. For training we use the latest Simrad RD68T digital sets.
What will you learn on the course?
- Routine operation of marine VHF radio including Digital Selective Calling
- The correct VHF channels (frequencies) to be used for each type of communication
- Distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- Ship to shore communication
- Practical use of Marine VHF DSC radios
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART)
What is the cost?
£120 per person and the course takes 1.5 days. There is a £60 Assessment Fee payable to the RYA in addition to our training fee. Please contact us for more details.
Please bring with you a passport size photo for your licence.